Responsible for architecting, optimizing and developing core software systems and back end technologies to support application development across a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience developing enterprise level web applications, tools for VFX and Animation and a passion for designing efficient core systems and technologies to enable that development. This position requires the development of new systems as well as the optimization and update of existing systems and applications.
Current projects include the development of server side features for a digital asset management database, development of client side features for a custom feature film scheduling system, and development of studio wide messaging and notifications management tools.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years experience in applied software development or engineering experience in a feature animation, VFX, or comparable industrial setting
- Proficiency in modern web development frameworks; Flask, React, Django, Angular JS, Play
- Experience with database technologies; PostgreSQL, Graph Databases (Titan/Cassandra or Datastax preferred)
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation tools; we use Jenkins
- Development experience with, production asset and task databases - Shotgun API experience preferred
- Experience developing for Linux and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of or interest in developing for mobile web applications or embedded systems a big plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.