The infrastructure support group at Laika is a small team of highly skilled individuals who design and administer high-performance scale-out computing environments for feature film production. As a member of the team, the System Administrator works collaboratively to develop, operate and improve the critical infrastructure that Laika’s artists depend on to make award-winning films.
Vendors and technologies we currently use include Isilon, Arista, Zimbra, Asterisk, RabbitMQ, KVM, ZFS, InfluxDB, PostgreSQL and Cfengine.
Essential Job Functions
- Development and support of all critical technology infrastructure with an emphasis on Linux.
- Development and maintenance of software applications and tools with an emphasis on Ruby.
- Analysis and documentation of systems, workflows, and configurations.
- Regular contact with end users solve problems and increase production efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or work experience.
- 5+ years general experience in enterprise IT environments.
- 5+ years general experience operating mixed Mac/Linux/Windows environments. LINUX KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED.
- 5+ years general experience with scripting languages. Intermediate knowledge of Ruby Preferred.
- 2+ years experience administering high-performance networks.
- 2+ years experience developing and operating automation infrastructure.
- 2+ years experience with database administration (PostgreSQL preferred).
- 2+ years experience with directory services (OpenLDAP preferred).
- Experience with enterprise storage (clustered NAS preferred).
- Experience with virtualization platforms.
- Experience with high-availability technologies.
- Experience with metrics collection and analysis infrastructure.
- Experience with FreeBSD preferred.
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory preferred.
- Experience with Asterisk preferred.
- Rock-solid understanding of TCP/IP and common service protocols.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lift and move typical enterprise server hardware.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., data centers and closets).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.