Position reports to CFO and Senior Vice President of Business Operations. The Director of Business Development will develop and execute strategy through various commercial and marketing partnerships, both internally and externally. Objectives of role are adding revenue streams, growing consumer awareness, and supporting efforts in creating a roadmap for increasing production.
- Generate initiatives for new revenue business opportunities such as TV programming, consumer products, content licensing and promotion, branding partnerships, and traveling exhibitions. Where relevant on film titles, work closely with distributors Focus (domestic) and Universal (International).
- Build infrastructure for corporate marketing, branding and social media efforts as well as manage internal studio marketing activities.
- Design and deliver presentations and detailed proposals to prospective and existing partners.
- Work closely with domestic and international consultants.
- Track and report business development activities, partner performance, revenue and other required business development metrics.
- With CFO, identify distribution opportunities that Focus/Universal are unable to deliver (e.g. untapped markets).
- Partner with Head of Business Affairs to close new partnership opportunities by coordinating requirements and negotiating contracts.
- Organize corporate summits and exhibitions.
- Develop system to improve marketing campaign approvals
- Drive business planning strategies, processes and financial forecasts while ensuring adherence by all concerned parties to defined timelines and outcomes.
- Partner with Head of Production, Finance and Accounting and other key stakeholders to provide support for building a strategy for overlapping production and more frequent film releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years’ enterprise level business development experience in the entertainment industry
- Direct experience in film and media operations a strong plus, studio experience also a plus
- Verifiable history of developing and implementing successful business strategies, partnership creation and management, supporting financial modeling, strategic planning, and evaluating marketing platforms
- Prior Marketing experience a strong plus
- Expertise to navigate and influence relationships both internally and externally at all levels of the organization with proven experience working in cross-functional teams
- International experience a strong plus
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills; ability to manage complex projects
- Ability to direct and lead a team while working under tight deadlines
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.