The deadline to submit your application is Friday, April 20, 2018 by 6:00PM PST
Applications without relevant samples/portfolios/reels will not be considered.
*Please read the job description carefully before applying to ensure that you show proper qualifications and materials to support your application.
LAIKA’s Visual Development Intern will gain valuable “hands on” production experience and training by working 40 hours a week in collaboration with our skilled professionals. Interns are supported and challenged as they benefit from renowned stop-motion animation expertise. Specifically, the Visual Development Intern will work with the Production Designer and artists who are responsible for the look in 2D as well as fully painted compositions that may inform the look of a given show.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist department in efforts to develop visual ideas for feature film project.
- Assist with the conception, execution, and clear communication of design ideas via computer and/or traditional techniques.
- Take designs from thumbnail sketch to finished detail artwork
- Incorporate Director’s notes.
- Assist in general organization and upkeep of the work areas.
- Meet deadlines as established by Production Management.
- Adhere to rigorous safety standards.
- Actively safeguard LAIKA’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in college, or graduated within the last 12 months, with a Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Fine Arts or other relevant area of study.
- Excellent drawing skills, including perspective and technical drawing as well as animation drawing preferred.
- Good sense of color, with an eye for perspective, composition and lighting.
- Experience with the Wacom Cintiq drawing tablet, a plus.
- Ability to take direction and embrace change with a willingness to listen, learn and do.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Ability to understand visual storytelling.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Exhibits a strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude and work ethic.
Set Rate - $12.00/hour, non-negotiable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.