The deadline to submit your application is Friday, April 20, 2018 by 6:00PM PST
Applications without relevant samples/portfolios/reels will not be considered.
*Please read the job description carefully before applying to ensure that you show proper qualifications and materials to support your application.
LAIKA’s Story Intern will gain valuable “hands on” production experience and training by working 40 hours a week in collaboration with our skilled professionals. Interns are supported and challenged as they benefit from renowned stop-motion animation expertise. Specifically, the Story Intern will work with artists who under the supervision of the Director translate and interpret story lines into a visual medium via sketches, thumbnail drawings and finished storyboard drawings.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the creation of quick thumbnail sketches through to finished detailed storyboard panels.
- Utilize storytelling techniques for film and the effective use of composition, camera and staging.
- Assist in performing background research to inform the story process.
- Assist with the illustration of script pages and story ideas.
- Assist in the visual analysis and translation of scripts.
- Assist in the creation of inventive ideas and stories with a sense of entertainment and humor for multiple types of creative projects.
- Assist in the development of character personality and dramatic/comedic action.
- Receive and incorporate Director’s notes into storyboard assignments.
- Assist in general organization and upkeep of the work areas.
- Meet deadlines as established by Production Management.
- Adhere to rigorous safety standards.
- Actively safeguard LAIKA’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in college, or graduated within the last 12 months, with a Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Fine Arts or other relevant area of study.
- Excellent drawing skills, which convey character and action.
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation; emotion, acting, movement is required.
- Experience with the Wacom Cintiq drawing tablet, a plus.
- Ability to take direction and embrace change with a willingness to listen, learn and do.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Exhibits a strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude and work ethic.
Set Rate - $12.00/hour, non-negotiable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.