The deadline to submit your application is Friday, April 20, 2018 by 6:00PM PST
Applications without relevant samples/portfolios/reels will not be considered.
*Please read the job description carefully before applying to ensure that you show proper qualifications and materials to support your application.
LAIKA’s Costume Design Intern will work closely with the Costume Design team to gain valuable “hands on” production experience and training by working 40 hours a week in collaboration with our skilled professionals. Interns are supported and challenged as they benefit from renowned stop-motion animation expertise.
Essential Job Functions
- Handle research briefs from start to finish through exhaustive investigations of all avenues.
- Manage digital archiving of approved photo references.
- Publish work to Shotgun, the studio’s internal reference site.
- Create reference boards for costume display, tours, publicity shoots and interviews.
- Assist Costume Designer with other research tasks as needed throughout the internship period.
- Format information sharing both digitally and printed.
- Help to establish, maintain and edit a digital costume history.
- Help organize the departments physical assets.
- Actively safeguard LAIKA’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in college, or graduated within the last 12 months, with a focus in Costume Design, Fine Arts or Crafts, Illustration, Animation, Film or other relevant area of study.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Photoshop skills required.
- An eclectic historical knowledge of clothing, architecture and design.
- An awareness of contemporary costume and international fashion.
- An understanding of textile and fiber art.
- A strong aptitude for visual display and the ability to write short prose.
Set Rate - $12.00/hour, non-negotiable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.