The deadline to submit your application is Friday, April 20, 2018 by 6:00PM PST
Applications without relevant samples/portfolios/reels will not be considered.
*Please read the job description carefully before applying to ensure that you show proper qualifications and materials to support your application.
LAIKA’s Art Fabrication Intern will gain valuable “hands on” production experience and training by working 40 hours a week in collaboration with our skilled professionals. Interns are supported and challenged as they benefit from renowned stop-motion animation expertise. Specifically, the Art Intern will work with artists who design, paint, fabricate and construct models, and props.
Essential Job Functions
- Under the supervision of the Department Head, learn basic construction techniques using a variety of materials in the fabrication of models and props.
- Learn to safely operate standard manual and power tools (drills, saws, sanders, etc.)
- Assist the art department in day-to-day production operations.
- Assist with research assignments.
- Assist in general organization and upkeep of the shops and work areas.
- Actively safeguard LAIKA’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Adhere to rigorous safety standards.
- Meet established deadlines.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in college, or graduated within the last 12 months, with an emphasis in Animation, Film, Fine Arts or other relevant area of study.
- Willingness to listen, learn and do.
- Skills in working with raw materials.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude, and work ethic.
Set Rate - $12.00/hour, non-negotiable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.