The deadline to submit your application is Friday, April 20, 2018 by 6:00PM PST
Applications without relevant samples/portfolios/reels will not be considered.
*Please read the job description carefully before applying to ensure that you show proper qualifications and materials to support your application.
LAIKA’s Stop-Motion Animation Intern will gain valuable “hands on” production experience and training by working 40 hours a week in collaboration with our skilled professionals. Interns are supported and challenged as they benefit from renowned stop-motion animation expertise. Specifically, the Stop-Motion Animation Intern will work with artists to make puppets come to life, define personality and emotion, and create visually stunning animation.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with Stop-Motion Animators to assist in the making of LAIKA’s world-class quality animation.
- Work on test stages and create animation sequences or shots using performance puppets.
- Perform repetitive, finely detailed tasks with precision for extended periods of time.
- Assist in general organization and upkeep of the work areas.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and cleanliness of supplies.
- Meet established deadlines.
- Adhere to rigorous safety standards.
- Actively safeguard LAIKA’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in college, or graduated within the last 12 months, with a focus in Animation.
- Strong creative background with a good artistic eye and sensibilities.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Capability of working both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to take direction and embrace change.
- Strong attention to detail, great communication skills, attitude, and work ethic.
Set Rate - $12.00/hour, non-negotiable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.