The deadline to submit your application is Friday, April 20, 2018 by 6:00PM PST
Applications without relevant samples/portfolios/reels will not be considered.
*Please read the job description carefully before applying to ensure that you show proper qualifications and materials to support your application.
LAIKA’s Costume Intern will gain valuable “hands on” production experience and training by working 40 hours a week in collaboration with our skilled professionals. Interns are supported and challenged as they benefit from renowned stop-motion animation expertise. Specifically, the Costume Intern works assisting a team fabricating costumes for animation puppets used in a Stop Motion features. Fabrication skills require a keen eye, exacting talents as a seamstress/seamster, and the highest attention to detail and precision. The ability to replicate costume samples provided and perfect hand-sewn seams is essential. An innovative approach to textiles and fiber arts is highly desired, as is experience of fabric dying and color mixing.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the fabrication of costumes for stop motion animation puppets.
- Assist in general organization and upkeep of the work areas.
- Assist in maintaining inventory and cleanliness of supplies.
- Perform repetitive finely-detailed tasks with precision for extended periods of time.
- Meet established deadlines.
- Adhere to rigorous safety standards.
- Actively safeguard LAIKA’s Proprietary and Confidential Information.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in college, or graduated within the last 12 months, with a Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Fine Arts or other relevant area of study.
- Willingness to listen, learn and do.
- Skills in working with raw materials.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Open to taking direction and able to embrace change.
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, communication skills, a great attitude, and work ethic.
Set Rate - $12.00/hour, non-negotiable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.