The LAIKA Communications Manager will lead and oversee strategic communications planning and implementation for internal Studio communications through various channels and programs. The Communications Manager counsels and supports Studio leadership with communications directives and ensures communications plans, strategies, and/or tactics support Studio goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive and optimize internal (and where appropriate, external) communications.
- Develop and implement a strategy for improved employee communications: employees know what is happening inside LAIKA before the world does and includes methods to reach all employees whether they work on a computer, on the stages or in fabrication.
- Partner with executives and heads of departments to develop and implement communication plans in support of Studio objectives.
- Own the internal website (LAIKApedia) content and partner with the PR, Marketing and Branding Team on the employee connection for the LAIKA website; enhancing engagement and improving communication with employees.
- Collaborate with the various LAIKA committees to maximize communication efforts and results (such as Soul Corps for local outreach, Employee Events for fun, Culture for positive change, and Emergency Response for safety and crisis management).
- Alongside Human Resources, coach and train managers and supervisors on effective communication strategies with their own teams.
- Develop, manage and execute effective internal messaging that easily interfaces externally.
- Partner with PR, Marketing and Branding Team and with key department heads to deliver identified messages on the appropriate channels, such as social media.
- Assist to measure the effectiveness of communications strategies to ensure objectives are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related degree preferred
- 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in internal and/or external communications (including employee communications)
- Previous experience running social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) for an organization preferred.
- Proficient writing and editing skills and excellent verbal communication skills
- Talent with writing creative, concise, smart, and engaging copy a plus.
- Proficient level project management and collaboration experience
- Film or other entertainment experience preferred
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.