LAIKA is looking for a Junior Technical Director to work closely with artists and Senior Engineers and Technical Directors to design, develop, and deploy in-house software tools to solve production issues and help make our groundbreaking stop motion animated feature films. This position is for a generalist technical director and may work on projects for a number of departments, including Puppet and Set Fabrication, Stage/Camera, Animation, Editorial, VFX, Art, and Replacement Animation.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with non-technical end users to help define requirements for new tools and develop prototypes for systems that solve production problems
- Work with Sr Engineers and Technical Directors to extend existing tools and develop new features to resolve production needs
- Extend and integrate the use of Autodesk Shotgun and proprietary database systems to meet artists needs
- Support users on OSX and Linux
- Assist with the support of existing tools with bug fixes and version updates for Production Technology applications. Help manage the build and release of software updates for the studio
- Develop test plans and work with end users to improve the usability of custom software tools
- Support applications through documentation, training, and handling questions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Experience with Java script, Python, PyQT
- Experience with Shotgun API, Git, Jenkins, Intellij products preferred
- Experience with web dev frameworks; Angular JS, React a big plus
- Experience as an intern or a similar technical role in a VFX or feature animation studio very helpful
- Experience or interest in stop motion animation production helpful
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.