Advanced Android Engineer - TheFork
TheFork (formerly Restorando), part of TripAdvisor Media Group since May 2014, is the leading European and LATAM restaurant booking platform with presence in 18 markets, more than 60,000 restaurants and 21 millions visits per month. Our vision is to become the #1 restaurant app for diners.
We are looking for Software Engineers ready to change an industry and join our Engineering Team in Buenos Aires. We have many challenges that need to be solved with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin. Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
Why join us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable in an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use and is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. This team headquarter is based in Paris, so remote and english are two essential factors for your day to day job.
You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career and values sharing.
What you will do
- Write code…it's an engineering role, after all.
- Work with you team, as well as other groups like product management, design, plus others, to bring your projects to fruition.
- Touch whatever level of code required in order to complete your project.
- Be creative and pragmatic when solving the problem you are working on.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Move quickly. We release our app all the time so build it and ship it!
- A want to learn
- An open mind
- The desire to move quick
- 3 or more years of professional experience working on Android development.
- Have very good skills in Java and Kotlin language
- The understanding that done is often a better option for us than perfection.
- Understanding of design and implementation challenges/opportunities of mobile devices
- Experience shipping mobile product
- Familiarity with Android design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Proficient English Level
- Ping Pong skills :
- Chance to make an enormous impact in a rapidly growing Tech Company
- TripAdvisor stocks
- 3 weeks vacation
- OSDE Medical Coverage
- Flexible office hours
- 15% discount on Viator (offers tickets for tours and activities)
- Wellness / Fitness reimbursement + Gym Discounts
- Udemy for Business (Full access to the E-learning Platform)
- Hertz's Gold Plus Reward membership
- Office Food (coffee, milk, cookies, cereal, etc)
- Happy fridays on the office
- Fun times: Team buildings and Day out to have fun with your team
- Android - MVP Android Clean Architecture, RxJava, Dagger 2
- GraphQL / Apollo
- Jenkins, Sonarqube