Lafayette Square is an impact-driven, minority-owned investment platform. Founded by Damien Dwin in 2020, the Firm confronts critical societal challenges with capital and services in three core areas: housing, jobs, and financial inclusion. For more information about Lafayette Square, please visit lafayettesquare.com
Vice President/Director - Distribution
Reports to: Head of Distribution
Lafayette Square is an impact investment platform working locally to create an inclusive American economy. We invest capital and services in three core areas: Credit, Renewable Energy, and Real Estate. Founded by Damien Dwin in 2020, our mission is to be the leading provider of impact-driven capital, financing communities, entrepreneurs, and diverse investment talent.
Lafayette Square believes combining capital with services creates long-term, sustainable impact in underserved communities.
To support the firm’s continued growth, LS is seeking to hire a VP/Director on our Distribution team to lead our fundraising strategies for Insurance Companies. This role would also include establishing the fundraising approach for Lafayette Square’s credit and equity products. The successful candidate should expect to collaborate extensively with LS’s Head of Distribution on the strategic positioning and effective communication of the firm’s messages, performance, and branding as it relates to these investors and products. They will also partner with the Investor Relations team on developing and delivering on the requisite materials to support their effort. Applicants must understand our purpose, our goals, and must be mission-aligned in helping us create inclusive American economy.
- Responsible for all aspects of identification and cultivation of Insurance company investment in Lafayette Square products.
- Establish optimum positioning and messaging for Renewable’s strategies across all investor categories.
- Collaborate closely with the Investor Relations team during all phases of the fundraising process for Lafayette Square Products.
- Develop a systematic approach to building and enhancing investor relationships.
- Utilize and contribute to the maintenance of Firm’s CRM system – Salesforce.
- Work efficiently with internal and external parties in the onboarding of new clients.
- Assist with the strategic initiatives of the Lafayette Square platform, including general firm strategy, technology adoption and implementation.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience in Finance, Investment Banking, Fundraising and Asset Management.
- Broad and relevant product knowledge of alternative investments is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong academic credentials – Bachelor’s Degree is required, MBA preferred.
- Mature, responsible, and entrepreneurial qualities to complement the existing team.
- Experience with and commitment to utilizing technology for streamlining processes, workflows and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally to translate ideas into conception and ultimately.
- Must possess understanding of the job at the strategic as well as tactical Must be able to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
Competitive with market
For more information, please email your resume to: email@example.com