Lafayette Square is an impact-driven, minority-owned investment platform. Founded by Damien Dwin in 2020, the Firm confronts critical societal challenges with capital and services in three core areas: housing, jobs, and financial inclusion. For more information about Lafayette Square, please visit lafayettesquare.com
Accounting Associate – Business Development Company (BDC)
Reports to: BDC Controller
Lafayette Square Holding Company, LLC ("Lafayette“) is a minority-controlled and led asset management platform founded by Damien Dwin. Lafayette operates a range of for-profit, impact-driven investment strategies designed to provide capital to companies or projects that align with our theory of change.
Lafayette has a simple message – thoughtfully-structured investments in companies or projects that promote housing, jobs, and financial inclusion and in areas that are meaningfully underserved by traditional financial institutions creates long-term sustainable impact. Lafayette builds on this foundation to leverage its investment process, technology, and strategic partnerships to provide impactful services to stakeholders.
The team is seeking an Accounting Associate to be responsible for supporting the BDC Controllers in all accounting, financial reporting and operations of multiple BDCs. The Accounting Associate must be detail-oriented, motivated and willing to ask questions to learn and grow in a start up environment. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. To be qualified, you must also have a strong accounting background, including working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (“U.S. GAAP”), SEC Investment Company Act of 1940, and internal controls.
- Day to day accounting/ops, including funding of investments, daily reconciliations and other correspondence with the fund administrator
- Perform shadow books and records on key risk areas
- Coordination & review of fund administrator’s NAV packages (including weekly/monthly/quarterly NAV reporting)
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements (Form 10-Qs and 10-Ks), including financial highlights and MD&A
- Act as the liaison with outside service providers (fund administrator, custodian, auditors, other servicers, etc)
- Work closely with front office and executive team, including investment closing process, identification of BDC investment related regulatory matters
- Liaison with other functional areas of the Firm such as Portfolio Management, Legal/Compliance, Investor Relations/Marketing
- Credit facility maintenance and reporting (e.g. borrowing base & covenant calcs, monthly reports, asset approval, ensuring efficient use of credit facility)
- Work with the controller to build internal controls/processes for daily/monthly/quarterly activity as well as developing a process with external auditors for quarterly reviews and year end audits
- Experience: 3 to 5 years. Public/private mix ideal, but willing to consider public only with BDC experience
- Ability to wear multiple hats as is expected in a rapidly growing firm
- Being a Team Player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- CPA is preferred, but not required
Competitive with market
For more information, please email your resume to: email@example.com