Lafayette Square is an impact-driven, minority-owned investment platform. Founded by Damien Dwin in 2020, the Firm confronts critical societal challenges with capital and services in three core areas: housing, jobs, and financial inclusion. For more information about Lafayette Square, please visit lafayettesquare.com
Lafayette Square Foundation
Lafayette Square Foundation (“LS Foundation” or the “Foundation”) is a non-profit affiliate of Lafayette Square, an impact-driven, minority-owned investment platform. LS Foundation seeks to promote safety, security, and fair access to housing, jobs, and capital through educational programming. It will provide professionalized technical assistance and capital products that address the dearth of entrepreneurs operating scaled, profitable businesses of any industry in the U.S., beginning with female and diverse investment talent that have been historically underrepresented in the asset management industry.
Founded by Damien Dwin in 2020, Lafayette Square confronts critical societal challenges with capital and services in three core areas: housing, jobs, and financial inclusion.
The team seeks an Executive Director to lead and scale the non-profit organization within Lafayette Square.
- Provide strategic leadership and hands-on management for all administrative, programmatic, and strategic plans of the Foundation in accordance with its mission, objectives, and all applicable rules and procedures
- Initiate, cultivate, and extend relationships with all Foundation’s sources of programmatic funding
- Build and apply prudent financial management and administration of the Board-approved annual budget, and regularly report performance goals and metrics achieved to the Board
- Assure the Foundation makes consistent and reportable progress in achieving its mission and target programmatic impact
- Provide reports and updates to the Board on staff as well as all current work, programmatic timelines, and organizational progress
- Work collegially with Board and staff and foster a collaborative working environment, encourage professional development, and champion accountability amongst staff
- Promote and protect the Foundation’s and its various supporters’ mission, goals, and reputation, and serve as chief spokesperson publicly at events, conferences, and partnership meetings
- At least 15 years of prior executive experience as a successful leader at a mission-driven non-profit, government, or industry.
- Knowledgeable of, involved in, and/or well-connected in the alternative asset management industry and/or impact investing.
- Track record of institutional fundraising and receiving sponsorships, particularly from endowments and foundations
- Proven abilities in fiscal management, and preparing and securing Board approval for a dynamic budget
- Experience in creating and establishing clear, measurable business goals
- Persuasive and passionate communicator able to work well with media, staff, and the community
- Knowledgeable in public relations, marketing, and human resources management of an organization
- Strong academic credentials - Bachelor's Degree is required.
Competitive with market
For more information, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org