Lafayette Square is an impact-driven, minority-owned investment platform. Founded by Damien Dwin in 2020, the Firm confronts critical societal challenges with capital and services in three core areas: housing, jobs, and financial inclusion. For more information about Lafayette Square, please visit lafayettesquare.com
Regional Specialist, Cascade Origination and Business Development, LS Credit
Reports to: Managing Director, LS Credit
This position is remote. Applicants should be based in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or Alaska.
The team is seeking a regional specialist responsible for driving the sourcing efforts and deal flow for its Lafayette Square Credit strategy in the Cascade region, which includes Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington. The successful candidate will ensure a consistent flow of high-quality, new investment opportunities that fit the Lafayette Square underwriting profile. We are looking for opportunities to deploy non-dilutive capital solutions as well as holistic, impact-driven services to traditionally underserved markets. We have a preference for direct, actionable, and less competitive opportunities, especially in companies not backed by conventional private equity. This is an opportunity to join a well-capitalized, multi-strategy asset management firm on the ground floor.
- Design and execute, in conjunction with the investment team, a business development strategy that is consistent with the firm’s key investment and credit underwriting criteria.
- Through a systematic approach, establish best practices to drive efficient, effective, and repeatable deal sourcing processes.
- Strategically and optimally market the firm to business owners, senior management teams, intermediaries, and other deal sources through outbound calls, in-person meetings, and attendance at conferences/events/trade shows.
- Work with the investment team to build upon current relationships and enhance the firm’s overall awareness among business owners, entrepreneurs, intermediaries, and deal sources.
- Champion, enhance and assist in the management of the firm’s CRM system to improve shared communication, manage the deal pipeline and contacts, assess effectiveness of calling and marketing efforts, develop new marketing campaigns, and monitor deal generation activity.
- Efficiently sift through opportunities, while seeking input where needed by additional team members to determine those opportunities with the most promise.
- At least 7-10+ years of experience and high achievement in investment/commercial banking or private credit/equity/wealth management, or similar, business development role with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading efforts to originate new business for companies not backed by private equity.
- Knowledgeable of, involved in, and well-connected within the lower to middle-market private company landscape. Specifically experience lending to lower to middle-market companies that generate a minimum EBITDA of $10MM and transaction volumes between $10MM-$75MM.
- Able to strike the appropriate balance between confidence and humility, and high IQ and EQ, with outstanding interpersonal skills, as well as the maturity and gravitas to command the respect of intermediaries, CEOs, and business owners.
- A passion for impact investing.
- Strong academic credentials - Bachelor's Degree is required
- Mature, responsible, optimistic, and team oriented.
Competitive with market