Ladder - VP of People
Want to work on something that matters? Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States.
We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We are creating a company built on technology, design, and data science so users can get the coverage they want and need.
What You’ll Do
You’ll lead and grow a high-performing People & Culture team. You’ll report to and work closely with Ladder’s Chief Executive Officer to help formulate and lead Ladder’s people strategy.
You will develop and execute Ladder’ s people strategies, programs, processes and policies across the entire employee lifecycle that are aligned with the company’s growth objectives. This will include:
- Workforce Planning and Talent Acquisition:
- Act as a thought partner to Ladder’s leadership team as it relates to long-term people strategy, organizational design, and workforce planning.
- Lead talent acquisition by managing Ladder ’s recruiting, hiring and on-boarding processes in collaboration with functional leaders.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI):
- Spearhead DEI efforts and design programs that support Ladder in building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
- Help serve as a steward of Ladder’s Culture and Values
- Partner with Ladder’s leadership team to create a healthy, productive culture where people thrive.
- Create and advocate for people programs to support Ladder’s culture.
- Talent Development
- Establish operational excellence including leveraging technology and analytics towards creating strong People practices.
- Enhance job ladders, and ensure that these are well-communicated and measurably improve employee clarity on career growth.
- Establish and map learning and development programs that are customized for varying levels across the organization.
- Performance Management
- Develop and manage a robust performance development process that enhances employee engagement with clear goals, feedback, and development options.
- Lead company-wide performance review processes.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Develop a compensation and total rewards framework that ensures Ladder is able to attract, recognize, reward, and retain a world-class team.
- Return to work / hybrid work policies:
- Develop return-to-office initiatives, own strategy and execution of playbook balancing both office culture and our remote team members.
- Manage all elements of HR compliance, including training and investigation and resolution of workplace disputes.
Who You Are
- Leads with empathy, energy, honesty, kindness, and clarity.
- Believes that exceptional teams and culture are built with care.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Has a proven track record in building and running People programs at large and small companies.
- Is a team builder and coach who identifies and cultivates a growth mindset across the organization.
- Has 10+ years of experience across multiple People functions with at least 5 years in a Senior Leadership role at a high growth technology company. Start up experience is a bonus.
- Has a strong ability to manage a direct team as well as indirect stakeholders in support of an organization’s strategy.
- Leads well under pressure with calm, sound judgement, in support of Ladder and its people.
What You’ve Done
- Developed a deep understanding of HR best practices and policies, procedures, employment regulations and compliance.
- Built up a people operations function that has helped a business scale while ensuring cultural alignment and long term resilience.
- Led a high impact recruiting team.
- Developed and executed strategies to grow a diverse, inclusive & equitable organization.
- Successfully led a strong, collaborative, healthy, productive, and fun work culture.
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported for the benefit of our people, our product, and our community. Let us know why you’re interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team.