Want to work on something that matters? Ladder has reinvented life insurance to offer direct-to-consumer, instant, fully underwritten term policies online. With stellar prices, no hidden fees, and the flexibility to adjust or cancel your coverage anytime, Ladder is life insurance that people love.
We believe in a world where no family has to deal with financial distress while enduring the loss of a person they love. Ladder is on a mission to redeem life insurance and close the $16T life insurance gap in the United States. By leveraging our full stack platform and our rigorous commitment to data and ML, we are spearheading a revolution to make life insurance as accessible as it can be.
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager, you’ll help us bring our mission to life. You will be part of a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, designers, and copywriters that will build, test, iterate, and scale features to solve user problems, both above and below the waterline. You will own certain experiments and features on the roadmap designed to drive growth.
- Stand in the shoes of our users and maintain a constant pulse on their needs and the problems they face
- Develop a deep understanding of our product — a delightful, smart, straightforward user experience that works in concert with precision underwriting to build the foundation for a decades-long, strong user relationship
- Live and breathe our data. It’s the first line of feedback from users
- Leverage data and user research to identify new product opportunities
- Design, develop, and execute experiments to test data-driven hypotheses for driving product growth
- Prioritize relentlessly to make sure we are doing work to the greatest benefit of our users
- Communicate the product vision and feature goals, while collecting feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Conduct user research, analyze metrics, and integrate learnings to support our product team (PM’s, design, underwriting, and CX)
- Report to a Director, Product Management and collaborate to support the growth and goals of that team
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of product management experience at a consumer technology product company
- Deep user empathy and experience building products to solve user problems
- Strong understanding of what it takes to ship delightful products and features
- Solid analytical skills and experience using data with product thinking and judgement to drive product decisions
- Experience working with data scientists and engineers to use machine learning models to drive growth
- Excellent communication skills
- A spirit of curiosity and generous listening
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported for the benefit of our people, our product, and our community. Let us know why you’re interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team.