Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States. We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We've combined a simple, online application with automatic, real-time underwriting to make instant decisions and provide on-the-spot coverage.
What you'll do
The successful candidate will play an integral role in helping the CFO and Ladder’s leadership team to gain financial visibility and insights on the business. This person will drive our forecasting and Annual Planning processes, as well as help architect the information flow and methodologies we need for dynamic business partnership. This role will report directly to the CFO, while working with partners across finance and the leadership team.
- Manage key financial processes, including forecasting, budget planning, and performance reporting.
- Architect financial commentaries and documents to support key financial deliverables.
- Develop new processes or improve existing processes relating to financial planning/reporting.
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and collaborate across all levels.
- Support ad hoc projects and help define systems improvements to support Ladder’s growth.
- Understand how to operate in and improve upon Ladder’s financial systems, while considering future scalability.
- Over time, this will involve building out a broader team.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience in a fast-paced, technologically oriented corporate environment is required; Experience working in the Insurance/Insurtech industry preferred
- Experience leading and developing a team is a strong plus
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems such as Hyperion
- Extensive experience building and maintaining integrated financial models is a must
- Ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks concurrently in a deadline driven environment
- Superb communication skills