Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States.
We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We've combined a dead-simple, online application with automatic, real-time underwriting to make instant decisions and provide on-the-spot coverage.
What You’ll Do
- Know and understand our users’ needs deeply and comprehensively
- Understand Ladder’s vision, strategic priorities, and competitive position
- Use your full range of interaction design, product design, and visual design skills
- Design new products, enhancements, and marketing materials to deliver a simple, elegant experience for our users in a fast-moving and iterative environment
- Develop products and enhancements, and guide them from initial concept to launch
- Collaborate with world-class team members across engineering, product, marketing, and risk
- Conduct user research, analyze metrics, and integrate learnings. Focus on data
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Report to the Design Director
Who You Are
- A master of collaboration who is comfortable working with many cross-functional stakeholders and making tough decisions.
- Committed to continuous learning, iteration, and user-centered everything
- Great communicator (oral and written) who listens well and asks the right questions and has a sense of humor
What You’ve Done
- 5+ years of product design experience at a leading consumer technology company
- Committed to continuous learning, iteration, and user-centered experiences
- A great communicator who listens well, asks the right questions, and has a sense of humor
- Built a portfolio of design challenges highlighting your design process from concept through execution
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported for the benefit of our people, our product, and our community. Let us know why you’re interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team.