Ladder is reinventing life insurance. We are a growing team of innovators creating a company built on beautiful design, powerful technology, advanced data science and an incredible consumer experience. Our team is made up of people who are both inspired innovators and results driven individuals who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and challenge the status quo, all to redeem and grow a fundamentally important product that is good for families and communities.
Ladder is looking for a dynamic, articulate, and persuasive commercial counsel to support our growing business. You will need to be a clear communicator, a competitive negotiator, have great judgment, and understand how to effectively provide legal advice in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Support Ladder’s commercial legal function by negotiating contracts with our commercial partners to accelerate the growth of our business.
- Advise on a broad range of legal issues including regulatory, IP, and data privacy and security.
- Support scaling projects that directly impact the growth of the commercial legal function.
- Collaborate with partnerships, marketing, product, finance and other stakeholders on key initiatives.
- Support and/or manage other legal matters as they arise.
- JD and membership in at least one state bar
- 3-5 years of relevant firm and/or in-house legal experience
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think “outside the box” and balance legal risk with business objectives
- Experience learning new areas of law
- Team-player who is willing to take on any project that comes up
- Must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area or be willing to relocate
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience interpreting and complying with regulations in a variety of jurisdictions
- Prior experience in or knowledge of insurance regulatory law
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported for the benefit of our people, our product, and our community. Let us know why you’re interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team.