Ladder is looking for a Compliance Manager to report to and work closely with Ladder’s Vice President of Compliance to help implement and enforce Ladder’s compliance program.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Ladder’s Vice President of Compliance to continue developing Ladder’s compliance program, including further developing applicable policies, procedures, legislative change management and auditing/testing programs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Ladder’s business teams (e.g., Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Business Development) to find solutions to business needs that satisfy regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Manage all of Ladder’s licensing requirements and monitor changes in applicable licensing requirements.
- Conduct compliance reviews of advertising materials and help to evolve our advertising review process.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
Who You Are
- A great communicator, both written and verbal. You listen well, ask questions and have a sense of humor.
- You have exceptionally strong organizational and planning skills and can manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortable taking a risk-based approach to implementing requirements where regulations are unclear.
- You get things done and are not afraid of the fast pace and rapid change at a start-up.
- You are equally adept at getting things done autonomously and as a member of a team in an entrepreneurial environment.
- You are comfortable working with many cross-functional stakeholders, including product, engineering, marketing, and business development.
What You’ve Done
- 5-7 years of compliance experience with insurance or financial services company(ies).
- BS/BA required or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work at strategic, tactical and operational levels and execute on initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate the rationale for requirements and gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Strong project management, critical thinking and analytical skills; great attention to detail.
- Strong personal integrity and drive.
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported for the benefit of our people, our product, and our community. Let us know why you’re interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team.