Insurance is the next frontier in fintech. Life insurance is a $160B market and bigger than all non-life insurance combined. Ladder is reinventing life insurance and helping to solve the $16T life insurance gap in the United States. We are a growing team of inspired innovators, creating a company built on beautiful design, powerful technology, advanced data science and an incredible consumer experience.
At Ladder, we are shaping how the next generation experiences life insurance. Where once there was a cumbersome life insurance process, filled with piles of paperwork and commission-driven broker upselling, Ladder offers a streamlined and delightful online experience where technology leads. Technology has changed consumers’ expectations and interactions with brands. Conversations that inspire and streamlined support protocols are critical both for customer satisfaction and a brand’s perception in the marketplace. The question isn’t just “how do we respond,” but also “how do we anticipate what’s coming and exceed customers’ expectations?” Those who truly embrace the customer’s journey and anticipate customer pain points and then shift their focus to meet those needs, are the ones who create truly phenomenal experiences that makes great brands.
The Customer Experience team at Ladder works cross-functionally, providing the company with a valuable feedback loop that helps us improve our product and customer experiences every day. Insights from customer interactions inform product direction, contribute to marketing communications, advertising initiatives and more. We view every customer interaction as a learning opportunity and a chance to make Ladder even better. So if you are excited about playing a part in the transformation of an industry and having significant impact in a rapidly growing company, consider joining the Ladder CX team.
What You'll Do
- Be a Ladder ambassador and help customers get covered by advising them on the benefits of life insurance and providing bespoke product recommendations
- Manage a pipeline of sales opportunities by proactively engaging with customers through voice and text to guide them through the purchasing experience
- Educate customers on our product and persuasively convey high level concepts in an digestible way that delivers value to prospective customers
- Build relationships that instill trust with customers and help us meet quarterly conversion targets
- Identify value add opportunities in the customer journey and iterate through outreach strategies to help improve the customer experience
- Represent the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders
- 2+ years in sales, account management, or customer-facing role
- You have a startup mentality and can adapt quickly to changes
- You have excellent communication skills and can effectively communicate complex, abstract ideas
- You are highly self-motivated and don’t know how to give up
- You are a quick learner who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills
- You are an open-ended listener who seeks to understand the customer’s needs
- You are licensed in life insurance (or willing to be)