Want to work on something that matters? Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States.
We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We are creating a company built on partnerships, technology, design, and data, so users can get the coverage they want and need.
We are looking for a BD Manager to help us build Ladder's partnership ecosystem. Core to our distribution strategy are partnerships with fintech, healthcare, benefits, etc. You’ll help drive outsized revenue impact and will push the evolution of Ladder and our partners’ products.
What You’ll Do
- Understand Ladder’s vision, strategic priorities, and competitive position
- Manage the acquisition and implementation of new partners in an efficient, scalable, and high-quality manner
- Collaborate to shape partners’ product roadmap to increase partner + Ladder value
- Support relationships with partners by providing marketing resources, performance and utilization data, and coaching
- Create, implement and manage compliance and communication processes
- Coordinate among multiple internal teams to launch and manage partnerships; teams include marketing, engineering, legal and compliance
- Set, track, and report on partner performance metrics and own the invoice reconciliation process
Who You Are
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Comfortable working with many cross-functional stakeholders and making tough decisions
- A team player, quick thinker, and a fast learner
- Strong communicator, with robust analytical and listening skills, with a positive approach
What You've Done
- BA/BS degree with 4+ years experience in business development role and experience in banking, consulting or corporate strategy
- Ability to work across engineering, marketing, and business teams in a fast-paced environment. Strong knowledge of business processes with experience driving metrics-oriented outcomes
- Experience working on strategic deals with long sales cycles
- Experience optimizing user funnel and marketing campaigns is a plus
- Proficiency with Excel, SQL, Tableau or a strong capacity to learn these tools
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported for the benefit of our people, our product, and our community. Let us know why you’re interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team.View other open roles at ladderlife.com/careers .