Want to work on something that matters? Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States.
We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We are creating a company built on technology, design, and data, so users can get the coverage they want and need.
Ladder is looking for a Head of Communications to drive brand awareness and understanding amongst consumer and strategic audiences. In this role, you’ll be responsible for evolving Ladder’s narrative and proactively finding new pitch angles to garner media interest. You’ll work collaboratively with marketing, product, and legal to turn ideas into execution and report on key results. You’ll nurture key media relationships and keep a pulse on the industry to surface ad hoc opportunities and get ahead of adverse situations. With an eye towards scale, you’ll think about ways of effectively reaching and managing an increasing number of digital influencers.
What You'll Do
- Set overall press and influencer strategy
- Develop quarterly activation plan, complete with budget and goals
- Collaborate with leadership team to define Ladder’s overall narrative
- Develop tailored messaging and pitching tactics based on audience
- Collaborate with marketing and product to create content, pull data, etc.
- Identify and manage speaking opportunities and key events
- Develop Ladder spokespeople platforms
- Cultivate key media relationships
- Lead at-scale influencer activations
- Quickly react to unexpected/adverse newscycle
Who You Are
- Can simultaneously focus on big picture, details, and driving results
- Tenacious when it comes to creating and following up on opportunities
- Think about “PR” opportunities along multiple channels — press, social, blog, TV etc.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Possess a highly collaborative work ethic and easy going nature
- Are a natural and inspiring storyteller
- Are an expert at understanding press beats and audiences
- Bonus: you understand how PR can support SEO
- 6+ years of work experience in PR/Comms in a consumer direct business
- Experience managing tier-1 media relationships
- Experience crafting influencer programs
- Experience with Fintech preferred
- Experience with event planning
- Bachelor's degree required