Want to work on something that matters? Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States.
We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We are creating a company built on technology, design, and data, so users can get the coverage they want and need.
What You'll Do
- Be the owner of our core business metrics, Tableau reporting, and data marts.
- Expand the existing self-service analytics program through formal and adhoc trainings.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, business development, customer experience, and executive teams to deliver high quality dashboards and analysis.
- Collaborate with engineering on defining and adding data to the data mart.
- Create requirements/specifications documents and translate into reporting solutions in collaboration with engineering and internal stakeholders.
- Use your expertise to inform core business decisions. Build dashboards and turn data into knowledge that can be understood by the broader Ladder team. Robust data analysis is foundational to Ladder’s business model. The work you do will have long term strategic impact, as well as strong value for short term decisions and prioritizations.
- You will be part of the data group on the engineering team.
What You'll Learn
- The power of self-service analytics at a data-driven and goal-driven startup.
- Leadership skills necessary to succeed in data analytics.
- Experiment design and statistical analysis.
- Database/ETL design in a cloud-database environment.
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or product management.
- Experienced in reporting tools like Tableau.
- A master of collaboration who is ruthlessly committed to scalable reporting and analytics.
- A great communicator who listens well, asks the right questions, and has a sense of humor.
- Experience building ETL pipelines is a plus.
- Experience with SQL, R, or python is a plus.