Want to work on something that matters? Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States.
We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We are creating a company built on technology, design, and data, so users can get the coverage they want and need.
- Be a Ladder ambassador and delight consumers by confidently delivering high-quality customer experiences that educate consumers on life insurance benefits
- Problem solve and take ownership of customer lifecycle issues with empathy and sound judgment via email, chat, and phone
- Take initiative to continuously evolve, build on product knowledge, and provide actionable feedback for product and team at large
- Complete daily tasks within established timelines and hit performance metrics with minimal direction from management
- Contribute to a team environment that’s conducive to creativity, collaboration, and growth; willing to jump in and help teammates
- Operate respectfully and effectively with cross-functional teams to complete projects on deadline
- 2+ years of customer experience, in a technical industry preferred
- Startup mentality - embraces change and knows how to roll up their sleeves when needed
- Creative problem solver who knows how to get things done
- Effective listener with strong empathy for customers
- Analytical, investigative, and curious mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to tactfully relay negative information and distill complex concepts clearly
- Ability maintain a high level of confidentiality on sensitive and private customer information