Want to work on something that matters? Ladder is life insurance built to be instant, simple, and smart. Life insurance is a fundamentally good product for families and communities. Unfortunately, the traditional life insurance process is unnecessarily burdensome, involving in-person meetings with agents, physical paperwork, and 6-8 weeks of waiting. This outdated process has resulted in a $16 trillion coverage gap in the United States.
We are a growing team of innovators going after this huge market by putting the user at the center of product design. We are creating a company built on technology, design, and data, so users can get the coverage they want and need.
Ladder is looking for a Copywriter to unify the voice and tone of the Ladder brand through a variety of channels. We're looking for a copywriter to work with us as we evolve our brand voice and on-going communications. In this role, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally with marketing, product, legal and customer experience teams to ensure assignments are on message, address business needs, and are strategically sound.
We are looking for a great writer who has experience working in digital and print communications. We're looking for a creative problem solver who is passionate about brand building and making the process of obtaining life insurance feel human and authentic.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Brand, Performance and Designers to ensure creative concepts are on brand
- Write compelling copy, headlines, tailgates and calls-to-action for print, mobile, web, broadcast, and more
- Translate and develop messaging from creative briefs into engaging effective concepts and work with performance teams to optimize
- Develop process for copy production including concept development through editing and delivery
- Work with legal to ensure all content is reviewed and vetted for all compliance and legal requirements
- Collaborate with Brand and Performance teams to establish delivery milestones for all assignments and work to ensure copy is consistently delivered on deadline
- Produce customer-facing creative for our evolving content library that is distributed across paid and owned channels
- Leverage insights and data to fine tune campaign creative in an effort to develop better and differentiated advertising experiences
- Assist in the development of the Ladder brand, its narrative, and its competitive differentiation.
Who You Are
- Has a highly collaborative work ethic and easy going nature
- Takes creative criticism with ease and grace
- Can juggle multiple projects and tasks at once
- Has excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Can simultaneously focus on big picture, details, and driving results
- 5+ years of experience in-house/agency leading copy for a strong brand
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive copy work that spans product and marketing
- Experience in a variety of media (TV, video, digital, direct, editorial, print)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Diverse portfolio of breakthrough work with strong examples of creative solutions for digital, interactive, print and video
- Proven background developing narrative frameworks and messaging hierarchies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with relentless attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and inspire teams