For over one hundred years, cities have managed their streets with concrete, paint, signage, and signals. The last ten years have seen a dramatic degradation of cities' ability to manage the movement of vehicles in the public realm. The tools currently available to them to fight back are not comprehensive enough, largely proprietary and have done a poor job of solving for the real issues.
Lacuna works with cities and agencies to establish a new, digital environment that will allow them to effectively manage the public right-of-way for the next 100 years. This will result in a digital infrastructure that will fully support 21st century mobility – for everything from scooters to autonomous vehicles to drones and flying taxis. We aspire to be uniquely city and public friendly -- we are building this future on a foundation of open source and open standards, with privacy- and society-first principles from the start.
We are housed at Playground Global, an incubator with fantastic facilities, near the Cal Ave train station in Palo Alto, CA.
How you'll have impact
We are seeking a hands-on tech lead for growth engineering. As growth tech lead, you will be responsible to work closely with customer engagement teams to provide engineering solutions with the goal of customer acquisition and growth. You will work across the entire engineering stack, understand the architecture and functionality of Lacuna products, making technical contributions into products that can advance the customer value. This is a senior engineering role with direct user focus. The type of development project can range from application features, tooling, API and backend business process, dashboarding and data ETLs. This is a role best fit for an experienced engineer who loves to have direct user impacts, and can operate in full range of stacks.
This role will directly report into engineering leadership, helping to develop the roadmap and strategy of growth engineering.
What you’ll need
- Having a customer focused mindset
- Experience in leading engineering teams on mission critical projects
- Full stack experience in building web applications
- Experience working on rapid growth projects with complexity and scale
- Experience in optimizing both engagement and user experience
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases
- Broader knowledge in cloud deployed micro-service technical stacks
- Broader industry knowledge in both technologies and transportation requirements
- 3+ years experience in a growth focused software development environment
Gold stars for experience with
- Prior experience in Growth engineering, customer engagement engineering preferred.
- Leadership experience in leading distributed engineering teams.
- Experience in urban transportation, micromobility, city service management are big plus.
Lacuna is an equal opportunity employer. In building a product to solve real world problems for our cities, we strive to build a company representative of those cities. We encourage diversity in thought, experience, background and perspective. We are committed to creating such an environment for all employees.