For over one hundred years, cities have managed their streets with concrete, paint, signage, and signals. The last ten years have seen a dramatic degradation of cities’ ability to manage the movement of vehicles in the public realm. The tools currently available to them to fight back are not comprehensive enough, largely proprietary and have done a poor job of solving for the real issues.
Lacuna is working directly with cities to establish a new, digital environment that will allow them to effectively manage the public right-of-way for the next 100 years. This will result in a digital infrastructure that will fully support 21st century mobility – for everything from scooters to AVs to flying taxis. We aspire to be uniquely city and public friendly -- we want to build this future on a foundation of open source and open standards, with privacy- and society-first principles from the start.
We are housed at Playground Global, an incubator with fantastic facilities, near the Cal Ave train station in Palo Alto, CA.
We have openings across the country for this position.
How You'll Have Impact
You will play a critical role with our city IT partners, managing our overall relationships as well as the success of our software deployments. You’ll coordinate with a team that will include Sales, Operations, and Policy functions. You will partner with the Engagement Lead to determine client technical requirements and to develop a technically detailed integration roadmap. Collaboration with the development and product teams to design new programs for all client implementation activities You will be responsible for initial product integration, customer success and training.
As the key company representative most frequently meeting with city contacts - both elected and professional staff, plus affiliated personnel - you must ensure expectations are aligned and provide the project management oversight needed to meet client expectations in a fast-changing environment as we and an open-source community evolve what’s possible.
As we rapidly scale to serve strong customer demand for our services, you may regularly be involved in business development efforts with new cities, helping design the implementation plans which would support a customer and then seeing that plan through to completion. Responsibilities may include the development of presentations, management of team-work, and coordination with software development teams. The ideal Implementation Engineer is an interdisciplinary thinker and motivated problem-solver, always in search of a path to greater impact.
What you’ll need
- Excitement around the future of transportation, cities, and digital infrastructure
- Hands on scripting and SQL experience
- Experience with client management, engagement management or business consulting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate conflict and foster honest dialog
- Deep critical reasoning skills and capacity to synthesize complex problems
- Experience managing senior client relationships as primary liaison
- Desire to operate in a start-up environment: tremendous growth opportunities, but with commensurate need for flexibility and rapid learning as we evolve
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Extra gold stars for…
- Experience working with, or within, local or other government services
- Civil engineering, Urban planning, or Transportation experience
Lacuna is an equal opportunity employer. In building a product to solve real world problems for our cities, we strive to build a company representative of those cities. We encourage diversity in thought, experience, background and perspective. We are committed to creating such an environment for all employees.