For over one hundred years, cities have managed their streets with concrete, paint, signage, and signals. The last ten years have seen a dramatic degradation of cities’ ability to manage the movement of vehicles in the public realm. The tools currently available to them to fight back are not comprehensive enough, largely proprietary and have done a poor job of solving for the real issues.
Lacuna is working directly with cities to establish a new, digital environment that will allow them to effectively manage the public right-of-way for the next 100 years. This will result in a digital infrastructure that will fully support 21st century mobility – for everything from scooters to AVs to flying taxis. We aspire to be uniquely city and public friendly -- we want to build this future on a foundation of open source and open standards, with privacy- and society-first principles from the start.
We are housed at Playground Global, an incubator with fantastic facilities, near the Cal Ave train station in Palo Alto, CA.
How you'll have an impact
Do you take pride in having a diverse product marketing skill set from strategy to execution? Have you been told that you have a “let’s get it done” attitude? Lacuna is looking for a Product Marketing Lead that exemplifies those attributes.
In this Product Marketing Lead role, you will define how Lacuna communicates the value of our offerings to transportation and public works agencies. You will search out, document, and champion customer success stories, broadcasting across communities, helping customers understand the true value of Lacuna’s services. You will experience variety within your scope of responsibility by not only defining positioning and go-to-market strategies, but by delivering effective marketing touchpoints and addressing audiences across the entire customer lifecycle.
With a broad scope of responsibility, this role provides variety. It provides the ability to be a high-level thinker and an individual that can walk the talk. Come help us deliver the tools and services that will help cities provide a day-to-day better experience for citizens.
Your day to day
- Establish our short- and long-term strategy for communicating the benefits of our product portfolio
- Responsible for all outbound and product marketing functions, including definition and execution of marketing programs designed to raise awareness and brand recognition
- Cultivate insights and narrative that helps shape product strategy and roadmap
- Drive end-to-end marketing strategy from research, to positioning, go-to-market, engagement, growth, and retention.
- Research and analyze market intelligence inputs, including market trends, competitor offerings, product specifications, and demographic data using primary or secondary sources to support creation of toolkits to gain an advantage on the competition
- Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides, etc.)
- Ensure KPIs and metrics for each campaign and analyze results and reports to determine effectiveness of program activities
- Be an effective consultant and partner to cross-functional leadership teams including Product, Engineering, Communications, and Business Development. Strong emphasis on partnering with Product Management to collaborate and define value propositions throughout the portfolio.
- Manage multiple priorities as an independent, self-starter with excellent time management within a rapidly evolving business
What you'll need
- Must have 5+ years of Enterprise Software and technology offering experience with 3+ years of experience in early phase products definition
- Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and messaging, aligning marketing initiatives to business goals, and developing and executing go-to-market plans
- Proven experience finding creative ways to achieve goals and a track record of staying on budget
- Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Experience developing impactful marketing assets (product videos, web content, advertisements, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to develop relationships and communicate across an organization
- Ability to work well in complexity and ambiguity and to define and deliver end-to-end marketing strategies without a playbook.
Lacuna is an equal opportunity employer. In building a product to solve real world problems for our cities, we strive to build a company representative of those cities. We encourage diversity in thought, experience, background and perspective. We are committed to creating such an environment for all employees.