The Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games will be hosted in Los Angeles, California in 2028, returning to the United States for the first time in over 30 years. 2028 will be the first time LA hosts the Paralympic Games, creating an opportunity to expand awareness, understanding and inclusion of people with disabilities.
LA28, the organizers for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, is on a mission to create an unparalleled Games experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people. Our vision is to collectively create what’s next through sport, community and the power of our differences.
The 2028 Olympics and Paralympics will represent LA and leverage the strength of our community’s diversity and creativity as we collectively work to design a Games that we all want to be a part of. We do this by focusing on people and by inviting everyone into the story of the LA28 Games.
The LA28 organizing committee is an independent, non-profit organization that is privately funded and governed by a board of directors.
Our Vision is to collectively create what’s next by harnessing sport, community and the power of our differences. Our Mission is to create an unparalleled Paralympic and Olympic Games for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people.
Values and Behaviors:
- Optimism – Embody a positive, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented attitude in everything we do; challenge the status quo, inspire and support one another to achieve our best; have our eyes on the future and believe we can make a meaningful impact
- Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, listen, and respectfully value multiple perspectives; we do what we say and are accountable for everything we do; we do the right thing, always. Even when it isn’t easy
- Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standard and expectations; we live our values and truths and persevere through challenges; we are continuous learners and adapt and pivot with speed to meet changing needs
- Inclusion – We seek to represent, include, empower and level the playing field; our work reflects the communities we serve and the world in which we live; we leverage our platforms to bring awareness to issues relevant to who we are
- Co-Creation – We are authors of a shared story. Everyone contributes their unique voice to our shared mission; we share pride in our accomplishments and ownership of our shortcomings
- Boldness – We embrace creativity, courage and outside-the-box thinking; we are unafraid to take risks, explore unconventional solutions, and learn from the process; we are innovators, disruptors, and challengers of the status quo
CEO Executive Assistant:
As the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you're at the heart of the organization’s business operations and activities and the connection point that keeps your executive team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of the CEO and help them stay focused by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest LA28 programs and events. You also use that knowledge to strategically support the CEO. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
This role will be ideally staffed by an organized and dependable team member driven by a common LA28 goal: to help us deliver unparalleled Games. Working behind the scenes, you will make a significant impact on the people you support as well as on LA28 team members across the organization. You’re adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Understand the business preferences and priorities of your leaders to best support their time
- Schedule, maintain, and update calendar events independently
- Prepare meetings for the executive or leadership team independently
- Acts as a communications liaison as required, including composing and sending outgoing responses and teamwide communication on behalf of the CEO
- Manage inquiries quickly, proactively, and follow through on tasks to successful completion
- Support your leaders in maintaining relationships with key people to ensure progression in communications and to surface and pursue opportunities for collaboration
- Recognize operational weaknesses and help sharpen processes or develop new ones; and make and implement decisions on administrative matters relating to strategy
- Execute expense management activities independently
- Assess and advocate for office space needs independently
- Plan and organize internal and external programs and events and manage event logistics in collaboration with internal partners and external vendors
- Complete travel coordination tasks independently, including proactively troubleshooting travel-related issues and challenges
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 8 years of administrative experience supporting executive-level management and managing small-scale projects and events from pre-planning to execution
- Experience in people and project management
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Ability to work across different cultures and generations
- Outstanding critical and strategic thinking skills
- Able to work collaboratively with staff and executive team members
- Knowing when and how to block and tackle for your Executive, while remaining approachable and helpful
- Awareness of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging matters in business, and ability to effectively engage with a diverse set of communities and organizations in support of the CEO
The physical demands described in this section are representative of those demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, as required by ADA, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates should expect a standard 5-day week working out of the LA28 offices located in the Westwood neighborhood of Los Angeles
The annual base salary range for this position is $100,000-$115,000. The pay scale provided is the range that LA28 reasonably expects to pay as starting base compensation for this role. All LA28 compensation remains subject to final determination based on individual candidate qualifications, experience, or other reasonable criteria consistent with LA28’s operational business needs and applicable law.
LA28 does not provide relocation assistance.
LA28 is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We strive to build a team that is diverse, inclusive and encourages qualified candidates of all backgrounds, perspectives, and identities to apply. We assess applications based on relevant skills, education, and experience a candidate can add to our team.