Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
About the Team
At Woven Planet L5, we work on a diverse set of problems ranging from solving optimization problems in 3D geometric computer vision, to minimizing latency on hardware accelerators, designing novel neural network architectures and applying and advancing the state-of-the-art of machine learning (ML) for perception, prediction, and motion planning. We are looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in improving mobility for everyone with self-driving technology. You will be interacting on a daily basis with other software and hardware engineers and researchers to tackle some of the most challenging problems in AI, robotics, and computer vision.
The team is looking for an experienced software engineer to join us in developing a state-of-the-art perception system for autonomous driving. As a Perception software engineer you will be working together with machine learning research scientists and fellow engineers on designing, developing and deploying the online perception stack for our next-generation autonomous driving platform and ultimately for Toyota production vehicles. We recognize the unique capabilities each team member brings, and encourage applicants to reach out even if they do not match all of the characteristics described below.
- Work in an agile and high-velocity team of engineers and researchers.
- Team player and “get things done” mentality
- Open for daily new and exciting challenges.
- Design, develop, and deploy the perception stack on our next-generation autonomous driving platform.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in downstream customer teams to define interfaces and requirements for the Perception stack.
- Work on runtime optimization and building a highly performant perception stack to allow for fast and efficient data flow between perception stages.
- Design and develop tools for runtime and data introspection to accelerate engineer development speed.
- Closely collaborate with perception subteams to drive unified solutions.
- MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent in industry experience.
- Strong programming skills in modern C++.
- Passionate about self driving car technology and its potential for humanity.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures and object oriented design.
- Experience in writing production level code in a real-time operating system.
- Strong knowledge in debugging algorithms and software stacks.
- (Nice to Have) Hands-on experience with building a perception stack for autonomous systems.
- (Nice to Have) Experience in runtime optimization for runtime-critical systems on linux and unix-like real-time operating systems.
- (Nice to Have) Experience with CUDA or OpenCL
- (Nice to Have) Experience with automotive grade compute platforms
- (Nice to Have) Experience in the automotive industry and familiarity with functional safety, ISO 26262 and ISO 21448.
- (Nice to Have) Experience with building safety-critical software architectures.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.