Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
About the Team:
Arene is Woven Planet's flagship platform to enable programmable mobility. The Arene Platform is being developed to accelerate the creation of value towards a future where 'mobility' replaces 'transportation.' Arene enables true state-of-the-art mobility programming, it is the basis for next-generation vehicles. Its development-to-deployment process is revolutionary in its simplicity and efficiency. Getting safe software solutions from concept to market has never been easier, faster, or more accessible. These innovations are delivered by Arene which is also characterized by the longstanding principles of fine craft and hardware know-how that have been perfected by seasoned automakers.
Tight integration between the vehicle and the cloud provides a unique programming platform, pioneering a lower barrier to entry for innovation, and allowing engineers to invent in new and exciting ways. The Arene Plane team is responsible for end to end collection and processing of data across the vehicle and the cloud. This data is central to enabling programmable mobility, development of new features for upcoming vehicles and creating an optimized supply chain for OEMs.
You will be an integral part of the team designing services for our next generation of vehicle data management platform. You will work alongside some of the finest engineering minds managing vehicular data collection, data ingestion, event driven processing pipelines, and data enrichment of exabyte scale while meeting strict functional safety requirements.
About the role:
At Woven Planet, we are building the Arene automotive platform using world class technology to build the safest mobility in the world. The Arene data platform is a modern vehicle data management system built around a distributed data architecture that is capable of generating, ingesting and managing several petabytes of data every day. The data platform creates measurable value for Toyota and other OEMs through data services and vehicle feature development.
We are looking for a highly motivated Cloud Cost Optimization engineer responsible for leading the cost optimization charter for various cloud and data initiatives. You will work with Woven IT to establish cost models for various SaaS offerings used in the automotive data platform, establish cost models, build cost reporting frameworks and identify cost optimization opportunities. You will work with cloud architects & engineers across a global engineering organization and help them build automated cost estimation and tracking tools
What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain a unified cost model for a multi-cloud vehicle data platform that includes SaaS vendor offerings not native to the public cloud platform.
- Develop Cost Optimization policies, best practices, cost monitoring and compliance frameworks
- Partner with the infrastructure, engineering, and product teams to understand the cloud demand forecast and to develop and maintain cost forecasting models to provide required insights on current and future data platform spends
- Review cloud utilization and recommend reserved & spot instance strategy, utilization optimization opportunities, architectural product recommendations to promote optimization, and discounts for optimization.
- Work with cloud and data platform architects and engineers and help them develop automated cost estimation and cost tracking services for vehicle data collection.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of relevant engineering or cloud finance-related experience.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one public Cloud Provider: AWS, GCP or Azure, including making recommendations related to reserved & spot instances, utilization optimization, enterprise discounts, and cloud contract terms
- In-depth expertise in the cloud services architecture and cost mechanics related to container orchestration, serverless compute, storage, networking, data warehousing etc.
- Hands-on experience in a programming language to automate reporting for cloud usage and billing
- Experience architecting and implementing cost optimization strategies, policies, best practices and cost monitoring & compliance frameworks.
- Partner with architects and engineers to advise on architecture and resource optimization, waste management, capacity management, KPI development and maintenance, tagging and alerts enhancements
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to clearly present and communicate recommendations and findings to different engineering, finance and leadership teams
- Experience with cost optimization for multi-cloud vendor platforms.
- Certification in AWS Solutions Architecture or equivalent in GCP/Azure
Rev up your future, apply here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.