Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
Why Woven Planet?
- People (work with the best and brightest people and pioneers in mobility)
- Unique culture (Silicon Valley innovation meets Japanese design sensibilities and quality craftsmanship)
- Toyota (scale, distribution, integrated, well-funded, invested)
- Independent (operate under our own governance and Board of Directors)
- Global Startup (building the “full stack” needed for software-first mobility.
- Benefits/Perks (we offer competitive salary and benefits, programs and services designed for your well-being)-
Are you interested in building products and applications for more than 10 million vehicles a year? Do you like building code at a rapid pace? Woven Planet is seeking an Engineering Manager that is passionate about building programmable mobility software O/S, the most advanced automated driving architecture/system and mapping applications.
If you are excited to help drive this mission, we should talk!
- Work with engineers, researchers and product management to build powerful, flexible, and user-friendly tools that power the Arene platform at Woven Planet.
- Set and execute on a vision for improving quality and usage of Arene tools, ultimately accelerating platform development and adoption
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and work effectively with the rest of Woven Planet.
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with WP’s recruiting team
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years of engineering management experience
- The ability to lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- An excitement for collaborating with teammates across engineering and operations
- Successfully recruited great teammates
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Experience in building large-scale native and web tools
- Experience with React, TypeScript, WebGL, QT, OpenGL, and similar APIs
- Experience managing and designing developer tools
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.