Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
About the Team:
Arene is Woven Planet's flagship platform to enable programmable mobility. The Arene Platform is being developed to accelerate the creation of value towards a future where 'mobility' replaces 'transportation.' Arene enables true state-of-the-art mobility programming, it is the basis for next-generation vehicles. Its development-to-deployment process is revolutionary in its simplicity and efficiency. Getting safe software solutions from concept to market has never been easier, faster, or more accessible. These innovations are delivered by Arene which is also characterized by the longstanding principles of fine craft and hardware know-how that have been perfected by seasoned automakers.
Tight integration between the vehicle and the cloud provides a unique programming platform, pioneering a lower barrier to entry for innovation, and allowing engineers to invent in new and exciting ways. The Arene Plane team is responsible for end-to-end collection and processing of data across the vehicle and the cloud. This data is central to enabling programmable mobility, development of new features for upcoming vehicles and creating an optimized supply chain for OEMs.
You will be an integral part of the team designing services for our next generation of vehicle data management platform. You will work alongside some of the finest engineering minds managing vehicular data collection, data ingestion, event driven processing pipelines, and data enrichment of exabyte scale while meeting strict functional safety requirements.
About the role:
At Woven Planet, we are building the Arene automotive platform using world class technology to build the safest mobility in the world. The Arene data platform is a modern vehicle data management system built around a distributed data architecture that is capable of generating, ingesting and managing several petabytes of data every day. The data platform creates measurable value for Toyota and other OEMs through data services and vehicle feature development.
We are looking for a highly-motivated cloud architect responsible for providing cloud based infrastructure, data and application architectural solutions from strategy through implementation. The ideal candidate will have the necessary technology, communication and leadership skills to hands-on manage highly visible and complex projects from start to finish. You will be responsible for architecting solutions that collect and manage data across millions of vehicles at an exabyte data scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide architectural thought leadership for technology solutions, data platform architecture, cloud and infrastructure initiatives
- Architect data management features and solutions for ingesting, processing and managing very large vehicle datasets, including cost effective data discoverability.
- Provide data governance architectural guidelines on metadata management, security, compliance frameworks, data quality, access control and related data governance.
- Architect data related infrastructure solutions. Understand compute, storage and network architectures and make tradeoffs and design decisions with respect to cost, scalability, reliability, performance and other factors.
- Understand wider company architecture, as well as industry trends. Lead cross-functional and cross-organizational initiatives on data and infrastructure. Contribute to data and infrastructure technical strategies.
What You’ll Bring:
- Significant experience in cloud based data architecture and an in depth understanding of data lakes, data pipelines, data formats and data analytics and visualization.
- High degree of proficiency in domain modeling. Ability to understand new business and technology domains.
- Understanding of Kappa vs. Lambda architectures, as well as other emerging data technologies and architectures such as Data Fabric and Data Mesh.
- Sound understanding of distributed systems and data related infrastructure architectures based on cloud native technologies (Kubernetes, Lambda, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Serverless MPP warehouses, time-series databases etc). You’ll be required to architect data infrastructure solutions managing exabyte scale data.
- Experience architecting data infrastructure solutions on a public cloud platform such as AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Past hands on experience with implementing data governance. Sound knowledge and prior experience with implementing security, privacy, data quality and metadata management on a data platform.
- Experience building cost models for solutions architected on public clouds.
- Proven track record of successful deliveries of data and infrastructure platforms.
- Familiarity with automotive technical stack – such as IoT/MQTT based data transmission, CAN/Flexray interfaces and data formats, logging formats such as ROS.
- Familiarity or past experience with Distributed Data Mesh and Data Fabric architectures.
- Experience architecting multi-cloud solutions.
- Understanding of the automotive domain.
Rev up your future, apply here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.