Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
Who you are
You are a program management wizard who brings experience building vehicles or other complex hardware / software products in a dynamic, R+D environment. You live and breathe tracking processes and interdisciplinary problem solving to make sure complex technology programs get delivered on time and as specified, and have experience working in ambiguous, cross-functional environments. You can hit the ground running on day 1 tracking complex automotive programs and thrive in the ambiguity of a dynamic technology space / fast-moving R+D environment.
For this role we are looking for an individual with a passion for delivering safety critical hardware and software system solutions. In this role you will collaborate within engineering and across the Woven Planet product organization on programs that enable us to scale Woven Planet’s Arene platform.
Who we are
As a member of Woven Planet’s Technical Program Management team, you will have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s hardware & software products and revolutionize transportation in the process. We come from a mix of hardware, vehicle, and software backgrounds, but we all share a single thread within our DNA: A desire to make things happen and improve people’s lives while doing it. We are problem solvers who make things happen by setting and communicating clear goals and supporting engineering teams to deliver them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Focus Area Level
- Partner with the platform engineering and product leads to structure work and manage risk in technical programs across the Arene Platform group including cloud infrastructure, data management, front end developer tools.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to design and execute validation and verification of plans and pre- and post-launch activities for new platform features / capabilities
- In a highly agile manner, co-create and maintain documented plan of record at the weekly, sprint, quarter, half year, year and multi-year timescales
- Drive day to day high velocity execution of plans via diligent and timely task tracking in Jira and dependency management with other teams
- Organization Level
- Enable Arene Platform teams to execute effectively in an organizational context by efficiently coordinating between Arene functional groups to integrate roadmaps
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability.
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting engineering and proactively take action to resolve
- Manage engineering releases across multiple time zones.
- Partner with engineering, product, and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- 5+ years experience with technical program management, preferably in one of the following fields: mechanical, electrical, aerospace, systems, or software engineering.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge and experience of software product engineering, testing, deployment, and integration.
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects in situations of ambiguity, with only high level direction.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment.
- Organized and efficient, excellent time management skills, attention to detail.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written.
- Extensive experience using project management tools.
- Analytical reasoning skills.
- Experience with teams operating across time zones.
- Knowledge of legacy and cutting-edge automotive systems including domain-based and zonal E/E architectures.
- PMP or other Project Management certifications.
- Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development.
- Proficiency in programming languages and coding, AWS or other cloud service and infrastructure.
- Extensive experience using project management tools, JIRA, Confluence power user.
- Knowledge of Japanese Language
- Exposure to high-velocity startups.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.