Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
Woven Planet is looking for technical leaders for our new Driving Behaviors team, which builds scalable, data-driven analysis of our AV driving performance. You’ll play a pivotal role in building this team, developing team culture, and setting the roadmap. With access to data from our real-world driving in San Francisco and Palo Alto, you’ll drive development of the automation, datasets, behavior analysis, and system metrics that our team uses to understand AV performance onroad and in simulation. You’ll set up collaborations with key partners across Woven Planet to guide Autonomy development, maintain safe on-road operations, and continually improve our virtual experimentation and validation tools.
- Develop team roadmap and goals; organize execution
- Develop relationships with Autonomy teams to improve actionability of team deliverables
- Set up collaborations with Systems Engineering, Safety, and Operations teams to ensure onroad safety
- Deliver software and automation to enable scalable, data-driven performance analysis
- Create metrics and classifiers to characterize AV system level performance
- Break down the driving task into key behaviors for analysis
- Leverage annotations of good and bad real-world driving to create a behavioral dataset
- Monitor and improve our ability to correctly classify performance issues
- Mine our archive of real-world driving to find relevant or challenging driving scenarios
- Analyze and quantify AV performance in simulation and in onroad operations
- Degree in a technical field - advanced degrees are preferred
- Five years experience with software development
- Experience as a technical lead or engineering manager
- Hands-on programming experience in Python
- Strong communication skills; ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- (Nice to have) A background in one or more of the following areas
- Motion planning & controls
- Data science
- Machine learning
- Systems engineering
- Physics modeling
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.