Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
Why Woven Planet?
- People (work with the best and brightest people and pioneers in mobility)
- Benefits/Perks (we offer competitive salary and benefits, programs and services designed for your well-being)
- Toyota (scale, distribution, integrated, well-funded, invested)
- Independent (operate under our own governance and Board of Directors)
- Global Startup (building the “full stack” needed for software-first mobility)
- Unique culture (Silicon Valley innovation meets Japanese design sensibilities and quality craftsmanship)
TEAM - The Arene Product Management team defines the customer, developer and ecosystem experience to create the most programmable vehicle on the planet. Comfortable both thinking at the biggest scale and defining the most intricate technical details, our Product Managers own the business challenges, decide the strategic and operational direction and write the story of how our vision of a software first mobility ecosystem becomes a reality. We are constantly experimenting on behalf of our customers and breaking down barriers to shipping world class software and marketplaces. Engaging with customers, making data driven decisions and driving creative solutions to the problems of the future across Toyota and our global partners is what we do.
ROLE - We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative, analytical, and infrastructure skills to build, drive forward, and scale best-in-class products. Product management at Woven Planet leads the integration of engineering, data science, and design to achieve the company’s vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial and passionate Product Managers to innovate and execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company and industry.
The AV-Tools is part of the Autonomous software group and the team’s mission is to develop new types of tools and 3D visualizations for the development, validation and evaluation of our autonomous vehicle software both behind the scenes and in the car. As a Product manager (PM) for this team, you will be responsible for understanding the core needs of the customers and coming with an audacious and inspiring but realistic vision for the team.
- Understand unique needs of various parts of the Organization and customers, and come up with an audacious and inspiring but realistic vision for the team.
- Support setting the short-, mid- and long-term technical roadmap for the team in collaboration with the technical leads and the leadership team
- Collaborate closely with leads and EMs working on different components across the org
- Understand our strategic and competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with Woven Planet’s mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, user research and partnering with other teams.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation through development, launch, growth and maintenance.
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build next-generation products, platforms, and experiences to positively impact each and every engineer.
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Ability to build towards a north star vision, while balancing existing technology investments and commitments
- Ability to build healthy relationships with PM peers and engineering counterparts across a culturally and geographically diverse organization
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps, and generate new ideas to improve customer experience and drive growth
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BS in STEM area required. MS/MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of product management, technical product design or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of proven success leading highly technical products (data science, machine learning, computer vision, or robotics)
- In-depth product experience with building production-level scalable software, preferably that involves 3D graphics and visualizations including modeling, rigging, animating, or lighting and geometry processing, mission or safety critical systems
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment and collaborate across teams and disciplines split across various location
- Natural ability to influence things happening around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of the product ecosystem, including open source solutions, 3rd party landscape, build/buy evaluations, influencing vendor roadmap, and capacity planning.
- Strong communication skills: an ability to explain the mechanisms, implications, and consequences of technology choices. Skills to connect engineering, business, and other stakeholders to common purposes.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, and requests should be second nature to you.
- Prior experience in the AV industry
- Experience with building and launching software infrastructure and tools for wide use inside and outside the company.
- Passion for the AV industry and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.