Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
About the Team:
Arene is Woven Planet's flagship platform to enable programmable mobility. The Arene Platform is being developed to accelerate the creation of value towards a future where 'mobility' replaces 'transportation.' Arene enables true state-of-the-art mobility programming, it is the basis for next-generation vehicles. Its development-to-deployment process is revolutionary in its simplicity and efficiency. Getting safe software solutions from concept to market has never been easier, faster, or more accessible. These innovations are delivered by Arene which is also characterized by the longstanding principles of fine craft and hardware know-how that have been perfected by seasoned automakers.
Tight integration between the vehicle and the cloud provides a unique programming platform, pioneering a lower barrier to entry for innovation, and allowing engineers to invent in new and exciting ways. The Arene Plane team is responsible for end-to-end collection and processing of data across the vehicle and the cloud. This data is central to enabling programmable mobility, development of new features for upcoming vehicles and creating an optimized supply chain for OEMs.
You will be an integral part of the team designing services for our next generation of vehicle data management platform. You will work alongside some of the finest engineering minds managing vehicular data collection, data ingestion, event driven processing pipelines, and data enrichment of exabyte scale while meeting strict functional safety requirements.
About the Role:
At Woven Planet, we are building the Arene automotive platform using world class technology to build the safest mobility in the world. The Arene data platform is a modern vehicle data management system built around a distributed data architecture that can generate, ingesting and managing several petabytes of data every day. The data platform creates measurable value for Toyota and other OEMs through data services and vehicle feature development.
We are looking for highly motivated mid to senior software engineers with experience in developing cloud native services at scale. You will be joining Woven Planet North America’s Arene data platform team.
You will be building services that trigger data collection across millions of vehicles; create validation pipelines of exabytes of data against functional safety requirements, cost, and resource constraints; route the data dynamically, across 100s of event-driven data processing pipelines.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a suite of vehicle data management services.
- Work with product managers and TPMs to define the roadmap and architecture for services you own and deliver on them within deadlines.
- Ensure scalability, reliability, availability and security of the services owned by the team.
- Deliver on defined business problems with limited guidance and decide/influence team technical strategy.
- Lead products to improve engineering by adopting test and operational excellence best practices on the team.
- Influence OKRs, business strategy for immediate team, and presents convincingly to a wider audience.
- Work to improve and optimize existing services. Overhaul architectural deficiencies in existing software.
- Work on team architecture to deliver business and technical value
- Make recommendations for improvements and share practices broadly amongst cross teams.
- Solves difficult or complex architecture and business problems with extensible solutions. Simplify, optimizes, removes bottlenecks.
- Understand team software architecture in detail. Makes technical trade-offs between short term team needs and long-term business needs.
What you’ll bring:
- This is a mid to senior engineer role. Prefer 5+ years of experience or equivalent skills.
- Must be a skilled programmer, well grounded in Software design principles with proficiency in one or more programming languages like Golang, Kotlin/Java and C++.
- Strong foundation in distributed systems, event sourcing and cloud-native microservices architecture and design patterns. Proficiency in Kubernetes based service development is required.
- Experience building and deploying production quality services to public cloud like AWS/GCP/Azure. Hands-on experience working with cloud native serverless technologies (Fargate, Cloud Run, ACI, Lambda etc.), object storage, cloud security and cloud networking.
- Experience developing authentication and authorization/RBAC enabled services.
- Experience with GraphQL and REST based API development.
- Familiarity with distributed storage concepts and experience with traditional RDBMS (e.g RDS, Aurora) as well as NoSQL, Time-series databases and Snowflake.
- Familiarity with Kafka or similar queuing frameworks.
- Familiarity with IoT stack, MQTT and resource optimized computing environments.
- Familiarity with building data lakes, data pipelines and data governance.
- Working experience with gRPC, HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 or QUIC.
- Familiarity with functional safety standards such as ISO26262, UL4600.
Rev up your future, apply here.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.