Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
Our planning team is tackling some of the most challenging problems in AI and robotics, ranging from solving motion planning problems in challenging traffic situations, to minimizing the latency on hardware accelerators, to designing novel neural network architectures. We are looking for a software engineering expert to drive the design and development of the high-performance motion planning software architecture for our autonomous driving and ADAS efforts. The architecture will enable the development and deployment of critical motion planning software that needs to meet reproducibility, safety, and real-time constraints. You will be working closely with other software engineers and machine learning researchers on realizing the next generation planning stack that combines the latest findings in deep learning, reinforcement learning, imitation learning, motion planning, and robotics. We recognize the unique capabilities each team member can bring and encourage applicants to reach out even if they do not match all of the characteristics described below.
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of software engineers and researchers (possibly in a tech lead role).
- Build the motion planning software architecture and derive optimal execution of the motion planning algorithms and ML models on target edge compute hardware.
- Create processes and guidelines for performance analysis, optimization and monitoring.
- Develop high-quality software designs that allow for both high-performance and easily understandable and maintainable software.
- Uphold a high technical bar on software engineering practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review.
- BSCS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree required
- Extensive programming experience in C++ (modern C++ preferred), at least 4 years of embedded software engineering experience.
- Background in object-oriented design, prioritizing testability and reusability.
- Experience with code profiling and performance optimization
- Background in ADAS or self-driving cars.
- Experience with developing safety-certified SW (ISO 26262 and similar)
- Knowledge of relevant tooling (scripting, cross-compilers, build systems)
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of ML frameworks (e.g., PyTorch) as well as GPUs, DSPs or/and neural network accelerators/ASICs.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.