Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
As a software engineer on the Observability team, you will be responsible for building and operating the foundational pieces of our cloud footprint. You will tackle reliability and scalability challenges in Logging, Metrics, and Alerting systems. You will help us provide best-in-class experience for our customers in the cloud and in our data centers. If you are excited about joining a team of talented engineers working on cutting-edge problems, join us! Some of the challenges the team deals with are:
- Design and implement data pipelines that transport billions of operational metrics from applications and infrastructure into time series databases like Wavefront, M3.
- Build high performance client libraries for structured and multiline logging clients in a variety of languages. (Java, Python, Go, C++)
- Design and implement a highly available and scalable metrics aggregation pipeline.
- Contribute to application use-cases such as Cloud Cost Attribution for CPU-, GPU-, memory-intensive workloads on Kubernetes
- Contribute to open source projects such as FluentBit, Telegraf, Veneur
- Work closely with cloud and observability third party vendors
- Create resilient and scalable distributed systems that enable rapid iteration across all of Level 5
- Own large projects from an idea to execution, to adoption.
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Ensure operational excellence of our cloud footprint by providing observability into system health and execution & by building tools and dashboards to monitor and improve efficiency
- Provide an amazing developer experience while balancing organizational needs, timelines and costs
- Be a force multiplier by sharing knowledge and advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
- Excellent Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals. It usually comes with Bachelors or higher degree in CS, or 3+ years of experience in top-performing teams (ideally both)
- Programming experience in one or more of Java, Python, Go, and C++ (Rust, C is a plus)
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform) and observability (e.g. Stackdriver, Wavefront, Grafana) stacks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to uplift others and work effectively with a diverse group of talented engineers.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.