Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
Woven Planet Level 5’s autonomous vehicle architecture consists of a sophisticated network of sensors, high-performance computers, and embedded microcontrollers. As the leader of the Systems Integration team, you will perform an incremental and iterative effort whose goal is to ensure that the total system meets its intended purpose. The Systems Integration team performs a key role in how our Autonomous Systems come together. The Systems Integration team owns the Integration, HW bring-up, Debug and Verification Test of all Level 5 AV Platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with Systems Engineering, Software, Hardware, Operations, and Product teams to rapidly design and build hands on physical proof-of-concept prototypes
- Manage Verification and Test efforts for complex vehicle development projects
- Troubleshoot vehicle issues including but not limited to hardware, electrical, and firmware systems
- Define and support systems integration and software bring up for initial vehicle developments
- Perform rapid prototyping and technology assessments that support evolutions of our vehicle systems components
- Manage a team of 4 Systems Integration engineers providing guidance and direction on assigned tasks and project planning
- Build and maintain test strategies, testbed assemblies, and tests that check the intersection of HW, SW, and cloud components working together, ensuring proper system functionality for deployed vehicle systems
- At a minimum, Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering (or sufficient practical work experience)
- Experience in rapid prototyping (having actively deployed a complex prototype system)
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues using relevant tools
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience in the design, development and deployment of autonomous vehicles, automotive or related complex remote sensing/mapping systems.
- Demonstrated ability to write software scripts to support experimental data parsing
- Familiarity with Linux (udev, system, networking sockets, bash)
- Related experience in one or more of the following fields: compute, networking, system timing, sensors (camera, radar, lidar), controls, vehicle architecture (LIN/CAN), geo-localization (GPS & IMU), robotics, remote sensing, machine learning/artificial intelligence or on-edge compute
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.