Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
As a cloud infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for building and operating the foundational pieces and frameworks of our hybrid cloud footprint. You will focus on tools and frameworks for deployments, provisioning, scheduling, observability, security, and routing across our large scale computing environment.
We are made up of systems and software engineers who provide foundational cloud and deployment platforms including Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Spinnaker, Vault, and Envoy. We manage our multi-region cloud footprint and build the tools and services that Level 5 relies on every day to build the autonomous future.
Every day we compile millions of lines of code, drive thousands of miles in simulation, process hundreds of terabytes of data, and scale up or down thousands of compute instances. All of these rely on the foundation that we build and operate for the whole autonomous vehicle program. If you are excited to help drive this mission, we should talk!
- Create resilient and scalable infrastructure that enables rapid iteration across all of Level 5
- Manage and expand our multi-region, interconnected Kubernetes cloud infrastructure through Infrastructure as Code (we use Terraform)
- Build and maintain Kubernetes operators and controllers to provide friendly abstractions and capabilities for our client teams to use
- Expand and manage Spinnaker deployments across a mix of Kubernetes, EC2 and on-prem delivery targets
- Identify infrastructure performance bottlenecks and determine the best solution to continue to scale our compute clusters to continually process more jobs and more data at a faster pace
- Ensure operational excellence of our cloud footprint by providing observability into system health and execution and by building tools and dashboards to monitor and improve efficiency
- Be a force multiplier by sharing infrastructure knowledge and advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
- Support the Autonomous organization in their cloud needs by providing an amazing developer experience while balancing organizational needs, timelines, and costs
- Strong knowledge of Software Engineering and Computer Science fundamentals with 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience designing resilient architectures with public cloud offerings (AWS is a must)
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform), and observability stacks (e.g. Google Cloud Logging, Wavefront)
- Programming experience in one or more of Golang, Java, Python
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to uplift others and work effectively with a diverse group of talented engineers
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.