Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
As a Structured Test Engineering Manager, you’ll play a crucial role in managing a team that physically maintains the safety and effectiveness of Woven Planet North America’s Autonomous Vehicle fleet. You will specifically be responsible for managing a team that drafts, executes, oversees, and manages structured testing of WPNA’s autonomous vehicles. This role will report directly to the head of operations and work closely with numerous engineering groups to ensure safe autonomous development.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with the R&D Operations, Engineering, and Safety teams to design and execute specific tests outlined by the program
- Manage a group of AV Test Specialists and Test Conductors that execute specific structured tests
- Help develop operational and integration procedures to ensure delivery of test results
- Develop operational test plans, to ensure that the engineering deliverables meet both customer goals and internal specifications
- Conduct in-depth project management of engineering and operational efforts, and ensure that technical deliverables fulfill requirements and are on schedule
- Make extensive use of JIRA to facilitate project management, track engineering and technical progress, and flag at-risk items in the overall project plan
- Occasionally deep-dive into vehicle technical items to aid engineering team in failure/root-cause analysis, end-to-end performance verification, and overall system integration
- Organize and guide numerous cross-functional teams (both inside and outside of the engineering org.) to ensure that all parties are in clear communication about requirements and execution plans/status
- Record work through excellent documentation practices
- BA/BS or 8 years of experience in similar field in lieu of a degree
- 3 years of technical management experience in leading small to medium sized teams of 5-50 people.
- 3 years of direct experience of working with Engineering teams.
- Vehicle dynamics test experience preferred
- Diagnostic troubleshooting/experience with automotive or engineering systems
- Experience with HV/hybrid systems preferred
- Experience running scripts and working with Linux based systems preferred
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.