Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
The Arene Tools are a set of cloud based tools to help vehicle researchers design, build, test, and track autonomous vehicle software with the latest ML approaches, while keeping the highest software deployment standards in both cloud and vehicle. The Tools team’s mission is to build these tools, as well as a reusable platform and SDK to accelerate tool building.
The Arene Tools platform handles massive amounts of data, huge compute loads, and is accessible anywhere in the world our customers are working, while still providing good performance and robust security. We build and deploy our platform with continuous integration pipelines that can ship code on a daily basis while pushing the envelope on modern software tools and processes and still complying with automotive standards.
The Tools platform is 100% AWS native and we embrace open standards and web technologies. We use both web (JS/TS + React) and native technologies (C++ & Python, QT & OpenGL). Everything is continuously deployed on Kubernetes via AWS for maximum uptime.
For more information about Arene please visit: https://www.woven-planet.global/en/woven-alpha/arene
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for people who believe diversity drives innovation and invention that are the lifeblood of our business solutions. We are looking for engineers who can think from the users’ perspective and create polished UIs and well-documented libraries that will make development of our software platform a rapid and reliable process. We are looking for people who think that Machine Learning can unlock amazing new possibilities in the automotive industry. Join us to work as part of the world's first vehicle application development team; accelerated through the use of the Arene platform and toolchain.
Our day-to-day tasks include closely collaborating with other engineering teams and our UX design partners to gather design requirements, develop reusable UI components, build new high throughput services, documenting our products and decision-making for both internal team use and more generally within the Software Platform team, and conducting demonstrations of our products with our internal teams. Communication is of equal importance to technical experience for this role; our products need to be understandable and usable by our teams, in addition to being maintainable and reliable from an implementation and architectural perspective.
- Design and build quality machine learning & data viz tools both in the cloud and in vehicles.
- Design and build a tools platform for the tools to be built on, with high quality reusable components and CI/CD pipelines.
- Design and build new services to provide the heavy compute and data-viz needs of the Arene Tools.
- Participate engineering discussions and give constructive feedback to your peers through design reviews and code reviews
- Work collaboratively or independently as needed to complete set goals in a timely manner. We don’t just implement specs. You must be comfortable contributing to architecture and design.
- Be committed to personal growth and continued learning, and support the growth and learning of others
- BSCS or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working with one or more of the following technology stacks:
- Backend UI & dataviz technologies: C/C++, QT, OpenGL
- Data processing: Python, SQL, data-munging shell scripting.
- Collaborates and communicates well in a multicultural team environment
- Business level proficiency in English
- Previous experience deploying cloud services on AWS.
- Experience using Machine Learning workflows.
- Teaching or public communication experience (workshops, demos, tutorials, etc)
- Knowledge of best practices regarding a11y / accessibility
- Knowledge of cross browser, cross device frontend development and compatibility
- Experience with SQL, AWS, and Storybook a plus
- Familiar with TDD or have experience in end-to-end testing complex UIs and services.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.