Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
You will be interacting on a daily basis with software engineers, machine learning specialists, and researchers to tackle some of the most challenging problems in AI and robotics. We work on a diverse set of problems ranging from solving motion planning problems in challenging traffic situations, to minimizing the latency on hardware accelerators, to designing novel neural network architectures.
The team is looking for a motion planning expert to drive the deployment of the next generation of planning systems for Autonomous driving. As an expert in motion planning, you will be working with machine learning research scientists and engineers on designing, developing, and deploying the planning stack that combines the latest findings in deep learning, reinforcement learning, imitation learning, motion planning, and robotics. We recognize the unique capabilities each team member can bring, though, and encourage applicants to reach out even if they do not match all of the characteristics described below.
- Work in a small, high-velocity team of engineers and researchers.
- Design, develop, and deploy the motion planning architecture on our next-generation autonomous driving platform.
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms and software for the motion planning module to deliver desired driving behaviors in various driving scenarios.
- Develop active safety features to ensure safe driving in different environments.
- Build metrics to measure, validate, and improve performance through testing in simulation and on roads.
- Collaborate closely with teams such as Perception, Simulation, Infrastructure, Tooling to drive unified solutions.
- Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) in CS, Robotics, Controls (or other related fields), or other quantitative fields or relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of C++ and extensive experience in software development.
- Experience with robot motion planning techniques like trajectory optimization, sampling-based planning, model predictive control, etc or self-driving problems (Perception, Prediction, Mapping, Localization, Planning, Simulation).
- Strong mathematical and geometrical knowledge and skills
- (Nice to Have) Experience in the automotive industry and familiarity with functional safety, ISO 26262 and ISO 21448.
- (Nice to Have) Hands-on experience with building a planning stack for autonomous robots.
- (Nice to Have) Experience with building safety-critical software architectures.
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.