Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
As an infrastructure engineer, you will be responsible for building and operating the foundational pieces and frameworks of our ML platform. You will bring deep technical software expertise and the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a larger company with the potential for broad business impact. This is a hands-on position where you will be asked to do everything from building new system components to advocating to other engineers for best practices. You are an excellent software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, and customer focus. This is a chance to get in on the early stage of a new effort and help shape the technology, product and impact.
Every day we compile millions of lines of code, drive thousands of miles in simulation, process hundreds of Terabytes of data and scale up or down thousands of ML compute instances. All of these rely on the foundation that we build and operate for the whole autonomous vehicle program. If you are excited to help drive this mission, we should talk!
- Design and implement reliable, scalable, and performant distributed systems and pipelines
- Design and operate ML platform processing single node/distributed node training
- Provide observability into the systems health and execution flow, build tools and dashboards for monitoring and scaling ML training
- Be a force multiplier by sharing ML infrastructure knowledge and advocating for best practices across the entire Autonomous organization
Experience & Education
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or higher in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ year's overall development experience in Data/ML systems
- Proficiency in system design and software development, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Python, C++)
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team of talented engineers
- Experience building REST or gRPC services
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.