Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
About the team:
Level 5 values the ability to test our AV driver software virtually in order to iterate more quickly, validate releases before they are deployed to vehicles, and complement our on-road testing with thousands of virtual miles. The team maintains a high-fidelity simulation system that can run the AV driver software in a virtual environment based on synthetic scenarios or real-world missions at scale.
We are looking for a strong generalist software engineer to help us build new functionality within our simulation systems to meet new requirements as our autonomy stack evolves.
- Implement new features and systems within the simulator to improve our ability to create a wide variety of virtual environments and scenarios
- Develop new agent behavior models to mimic the behavior of real-world drivers, cyclists, pedestrians, and other agents
- Work closely with other members on the simulation team to identify bottlenecks of the simulator and find solutions
- Build, operate and maintain a highly-scalable software infrastructure for running the simulator on the cloud in a massively parallel fashion
- Build or integrate scenario management and visualization tools into the autonomous vehicle simulation pipeline
- Provide the simulation as a service to other teams at Lyft’s Level5 to help develop, validate and test the software and hardware stack
- Work effectively in a diverse team of talented engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent or 5+ years relevant work experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment where impact is highly visible
- Passionate about autonomous vehicle technology and its potential to improve the world
- Strong background in object-oriented design, testability, and code reusability
- Experience in systems design and programming in C++
- Track record of crafting well-designed solutions and delivering high-quality software on time
- Passion for solving complex problems and learning new techniques and technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with 3D programming (e.g. gaming, simulation, robotics, etc.)
- Experience with building real-time systems
- Knowledge of data processing systems in batch and how RESTful APIs work at scale
- Knowledge of one or more cloud platforms, such as AWS or GCP
- Strong experience in designing, building, and working with petabyte scale distributed systems
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes in production
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with building self-driving technologies
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.