Woven Planet is building the safest mobility in the world. A subsidiary of Toyota, Woven Planet innovates and invests in new technologies, software, and business models that transform how we live, work and move. With a focus on automated driving, smart cities, robotics and more, we build on Toyota's legacy of trust and safety to deliver mobility solutions for all.
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people. At Woven Planet we strive to build a safer, happier, more sustainable world.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy, elevate well-being, and improve how people live, work, and play. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
About the Organization
Woven Planet is developing automated driving technology using a data-driven approach. We’re building products at autonomy levels 2-4 to drive both near- and long-term improvements to mobility for all. Woven Planet has the backing of one of the world’s largest automakers, the talent to deliver on our goal, and a built in path to product and revenue—a combination rarely seen in the mobility industry. We’re looking for doers and creative problem solvers with a passion for improving lives.
Each member of our diverse and talented group of software and hardware engineers has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our technology and products. Our growing team works in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, tests AVs at our dedicated test track in Silicon Valley, and explores the industry’s most compelling research problems at our office in London. With support from our Woven Planet colleagues in Tokyo, our work to improve the future of mobility spans the globe.
In London, our Fleet Intelligence team is working on accelerating autonomous driving by exploring novel CV/ML solutions on petabytes of data collected from AVs and our own Fleet vehicles. This enables us to tackle some of the hardest problems in self-driving, from building accurate and up-to-date 3D maps, to understanding human driving patterns, to increasing the sophistication of our simulation tests by having access to rare real-world driving situations. By leveraging this data, Level 5 is uniquely positioned to develop safe, efficient, and intuitive self-driving systems.
- Work on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Work with other Computer Vision and Machine Learning engineers on high-impact projects and innovate new solutions to problems in the self-driving space
- Build and deploy production-quality ML/CV pipelines and services
- Work on distributed systems that process and transform large quantities of data in the cloud
- Mentor junior engineers in their day to day work
- Design the long term strategy for several of our products
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience leading technical projects (3+ people)
- Experience writing testable and modular code
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating across teams and disciplines
- Extensive experience in Python or C++ (or other Object Oriented language)
- Hands-on experience developing cloud applications (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.